Fisher 500C Platinum Restoration [SOLD]
Out of stock
This Platinum-Level restored Fisher 500C is the last word in collector-quality perfection. Only for the most discerning vintage tube audiophile, this 500C has been tubed with all hand selected NOS testing small signal tubes, and a perfectly matched quad of new Harmonix output tubes. (A matched quad of our best vintage NOS RCA output tubes is optional.) Smooth plate Telefunken 12AX7’s in the driver and phono stages, combined with Fisher branded tubes in the receiver bring out only the warmest, sweetest and most accurate reproduction of sound. A timeless and ever desirable classic, the 500C is a performance staple in the Fisher lineup.
- Faceplate, Knobs and Chassis in excellent condition.
- Transformer-out ultrasonic cleaning
- Hand polishing and sealing of all chassis components and transformers
- Power supply capacitance upgrade
- Recap of all signal path capacitors with Audiophile-grade capacitors
- Inrush current limiter
- Direct Power Amp Input Mod (provides an external preamp input that by-passes all stages to drive the power amp section directly from the Tape Monitor inputs)
- Custom Phono Mod upgrade– with additional MC input using Tape Head inputs
- FM Tuner and Multiplex critically aligned on laboratory grade equipment
- All adudio tubes are thoroughly tested curve-tracer matched pairs
- NOS Telefunken smooth plate 12AX7’s in audio section and assortment of Fisher branded tubes in receiver section
- Perfectly curve-tracer matched quad of new Harmonix 7591-HD
- Optional vintage NOS RCA coin-base 7591 output tubes- add $250
- Optional original Fisher American Walnut Case in excellent restored condition- add $200
- Driver balance and output tube bias circuit critically aligned on a spectrum analyzer to perfectly match the new production output tubes and to produce the best harmonic content.
Please see our Platinum Level Restoration service description for more restoration details
View the full Performance Report of this amp
This video also provides a brief tour of the ‘business-end’ of our listening room, along with our A/B switching setup. The large screen is displaying our patent-pending real time spectrum display comparing the input signal and output signals while the amplifier plays music.
Our unique computer analysis measurement system allows AEA to not only measure the performance of amplifiers while they are playing music; it allows us to “see” why one amp sounds different than another, and use that insight in designing each stage of the amplifier. The results speak for themselves. Or should we say, “sing for themselves.”