Sherwood S-5000 II Gold Restoration [SOLD]
Out of stock
This Gold-Level restored Sherwood S-5000 II is an amazing example of American made tube technology of an era long gone. A beautiful copper plated chassis with elegant and unique tube layout, make this Sherwood a must have. Not only a sculptural masterpiece, this particular S-5000II will impress even the most stringent critic with its beautiful and accurate ability to reproduce music.
- Faceplate, Knobs and Chassis in excellent condition
- Transformer out ultrasonic cleaning
- Hand polishing of chassis and components
- Power supply capacitance upgrade
- Recap of signal path capacitors
- Inrush current limiter
- Modern speaker banana jack connectors
- All tubes are thoroughly tested curve matched pairs
- NOS testing vintage 7591 output tubes
- Driver balance and output tube bias circuit critically aligned on our spectrum analyzer to produce the best harmonic content.
Please see our Gold Level Restoration service description for more restoration details
View the full Performance Report of this amp
This video also provides a brief tour of the ‘business-end’ of our listening room, along with our A/B switching setup. The large screen is displaying our patent-pending real time spectrum display comparing the input signal and output signals while the amplifier plays music.
Our unique computer analysis measurement system allows AEA to not only measure the performance of amplifiers while they are playing music; it allows us to “see” why one amp sounds different than another, and use that insight in designing each stage of the amplifier. The results speak for themselves. Or should we say, “sing for themselves.”
Video Coming Soon!