Fisher 500C Gold Restoration [SOLD]
Out of stock
This Gold-Level restored Fisher 500C is an excellent tube receiver. After a comprehensive expert restoration, the looks and performance are simply stunning. Time was spent carefully bringing this 500C back to, if not fully exceeding, its former glory. Superb reproduction of sound is synonymous with the 500C, and this prime example doesn’t disappoint.
- Faceplate, Knobs and Chassis in excellent condition.
- Transformer out ultrasonic cleaning
- Hand polishing of chassis and components
- Power supply capacitance upgrade
- Recap of signal path capacitors
- Inrush current limiter
- Modern three prong power cord
- Critically aligned multiplex and FM tuner
- All tubes are thoroughly tested new curve matched pairs & NOS testing vintage tubes
- Driver balance and output tube bias circuit critically aligned on a spectrum analyzer to perfectly match the new production output tubes and to produce the best harmonic content.
Please see our Gold Level Restoration service description for more restoration details
View the full Performance Report of this amp
This video also provides a brief tour of the ‘business-end’ of our listening room, along with our A/B switching setup. The large screen is displaying our patent-pending real time spectrum display comparing the input signal and output signals while the amplifier plays music.
Our unique computer analysis measurement system allows AEA to not only measure the performance of amplifiers while they are playing music; it allows us to “see” why one amp sounds different than another, and use that insight in designing each stage of the amplifier. The results speak for themselves. Or should we say, “sing for themselves.”
Video Coming Soon!